Before we begin, you may want to wipe away the bit of drool spilling out from the corner of your mouth. Don’t worry — if you follow the directions below, you’ll be able to create this decadent dessert and drool over it in real life.
Matcha Cheesecake With Chocolate Ganache [Vegan]
- 1 cup almonds or walnuts (bonus: soak your nuts overnight for 6-8 hours, this removes tannic acid, an enzyme inhibitor)
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- dash of sea salt
- dash of vanilla powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 3/4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- In a food processor, grind your almonds or walnuts until they resemble a powder.
- Add in the pitted dates, sea salt, and vanilla powder and process until a sticky, crumbly crust forms.
- Grease a cheesecake tin with infused coconut oil.
- Next, press the crust into the bottom of the pan. Ensure the bottom layer is uniform and there are no holes.
- Pop the tin into the freezer as you prepare the crust.
- In a high-speed blender, process all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Next, pour the filling into the cheesecake tin. Use a spatula to get all of the goodness out.
- Then, shake the tin back and forth so it spreads evenly.
- Allow the cheesecake to set for 4-6 hours in the freezer.
- When it is frozen solid, remove the cheesecake from the tin and place on a pan.
- (Optional:) Pour your raw ganache (recipe below) evenly on top, allowing it to drip over the sides.
- (Optional:) You can top the cheesecake with whatever you like, such as pecans, raw chocolate, or cacao nibs.
- Allow the ganache to set (30-45 minutes). When you are ready to serve the dessert, allow it to thaw for 15 minutes.
- Finally, cut the cake into 8-10 pieces and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Allow all ingredients to melt in a double broiler (but not boil).
- Whisk together until smooth.
- When the cheesecake is set, pour the ganache on top; allow to harden in the fridge or freezer.