Savory oatmeal perfect for brunch! This is such a cool recipe to share! It's warming, spicy, and so hearty!
Masala Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup peas and carrots (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 10 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups quick oats (dry roasted)
- 1 tablespoons chopped cilantro (for garnishing)
- Heat oil in a nonstick sauce pan. Add fennel seeds and garlic. Just when garlic starts to brown add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add peas & carrots and rest of the spices and sauté well.
- Cover and cook until carrots are tender for 2 minutes.
- Add water and cover. Bring it to boil and then add salt.
- Simmer the flame and add roasted oats. Keep stirring vigorously for only a minute.
- Turn off the flame, garnish with cilantro and serve warm.
To dry roast the oats, just heat a non stick pan and saute oats for few minutes until it starts to brown a little. Make sure its not brown. Turn off the flame just when the browning starts.