This burger combines the Mexican and Indian cuisines! You can serve this burger on a delicious sweet potato bun, alongside brown rice, lentils and peas with a tahini sauce!
Masa Masala Burger [Vegan]
- 1 cup (114 g) masa harina flour
- 1 cup (198 g) fully cooked lentils
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil, plus more for frying (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and form into 4 patties.
- Panfry in oil (or you can use a little nonstick spray on a hot skillet) and fry for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Alternatively, use your Air-Fryer at 365°F for 16 to 18 minutes.
- You can also bake these, but they tend to dry out a bit, so be sure to use a foil tent and maybe even brush a little extra olive oil on them before baking. Bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes per side.