These Kebabs are wonderful to toss on the grill and enjoy at the start of the summer!
Marinated Tofu Veggie Kebabs [Vegan]
- 15 ounces super-firm tofu, pressed and diced into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 2 bell peppers, any color you like, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon high heat oil like safflower, coconut or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons arrowroot powder (or use cornstarch)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 wooden skewers
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Prepare the tofu by pressing excess moisture out of it, then cutting into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, soy sauce, arrowroot powder (or cornstarch) and spices. Toss in the tofu and coat evenly. Next, spread the tofu out evenly on the baking sheet, reserving marinade for the vegetables. Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring half way through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the tofu is cooking, toss the vegetables into the marinade and let sit. Add a little more oil, soy sauce and spices as needed to coat.
- Skewer the tofu and vegetables onto skewer sticks and grill for 4-5 minutes per side, or until browned. Alternatively, you could bake them for 5-7 minutes.