This recipe for simple roasted squash can be enjoyed on its own, on top of a salad or power bowl, and even as a side dish for the holidays!
Maple Roasted Acorn Squash [Vegan]
- 2 acorn squash (about 1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds, then cut each half in half (you will have 8 quarters). Place the squash pieces on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up.
- Stir together the oil and maple syrup in a small bowl. Evenly brush this mixture onto the squash, then sprinkle with sea salt. Place the squash in the oven and roast 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the squash is fork-tender, golden and caramelized on the edges. Allow to cool slightly, then serve with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries on top. Enjoy!