Part of the beauty of hummus is the ease of preparation. In this recipe, maple-glazed parsnips are roasted in the oven until they just begin to caramelize, adding a unique touch of flavor like no other hummus. This one is sure to be a hit at parties, served alongside a big bowl of tortilla chips.
Maple-Glazed Roasted Parsnip Hummus [Vegan]
- 3 parsnips
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 orange pressed and zested
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Peel the parsnips and coat them with the maple syrup. Bake for 25 minutes, then set aside.
- When cold, transfer the parsnips to a blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.