This is a light and refreshing soft serve made with luscious ripe mangoes and meat from tender unripe coconut. The best thing about “desserts” made with fresh fruits is that you don’t have to use any additional sweetener if you use ripe, sweet fruits. However, feel free to add in a tablespoon of coconut nectar or maple syrup if your mangoes aren’t sweet enough.
Mango & Tender Coconut Soft Serve [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-free, Nut-free]
2 large or 3 medium servings
- Meat from 1 large tender unripe coconut, coarsely chopped (around 1.5 - 2 cups)
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled, deseeded and coarsely chopped (around 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar/ maple syrup (optional)
- A pinch of green cardamom powder
- 2-3 drops of vanilla extract
- Place the tender coconut meat and chopped mangoes in the freezer for around 3 hours, until semi-frozen.
- Toss the tender coconut meat, mangoes, coconut nectar/ maple syrup (if using), green cardamom powder, and vanilla extract into a food processor or blender and blend on high till soft and creamy.
- Serve immediately, or return to the freezer for a couple of hours if you’d like a firmer texture.