These are a fresh, no-cook, nutrient-dense version of veggie tacos with mango lime sauce. You'll love the way the refreshing filling combines with the creamy sauce to create delicious flavors and a satisfying meal!
Mango Lime Cabbage Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Raw]
For the tacos:
- 1 small head of red cabbage (2-3 leaves per person)
- 1 ripe mango cut into small chunks
- 1-2 mini cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2-4 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh English peas shelled
- Hemp hearts for garnishing
Mango Lime Sauce:
- 2 ripe mangos peeled and sliced
- 2 limes (juice only)
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1-2 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1-2 tablespoons water (optional)
Carefully tear your cabbage leaves away from the head of cabbage, trying to keep them as whole as possible. Wash, set aside.
Wash clean all your other produce well, slice/chop to desired size and shape. Set aside.
Make your Mango Lime Sauce by blending all the sauce ingredients together in your food processor/blender until smooth. You can enjoy the creaminess and thickness of this sauce as is, or add 1-2 tbs water to achieve your desired consistency.
Fill each cabbage leaf with your veggies, sprinkle with hemp hearts and serve with mango lime sauce.
Enjoy all the beautiful flavors!
For best flavour, choose small peas, which are younger, sweeter, and more tender than large ones, and make sure they’re as fresh as possible. If you can’t find good fresh peas or you crave peas when the season’s over, frozen peas are a terrific alternative.