Fancy it up with some easy-to-prepare mango ice cream and black sesame syrup. Sweet, creamy mango ice cream is drizzled with homemade black sesame syrup and garnished with toasted seeds. This ice cream contains only four ingredients, but the flavor experience is rich.
4-Ingredient Mango Ice Cream With Black Sesame Syrup [Vegan]
- 1 mango
- 1 cup black sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Peel and cut 1 ripe mango into chunks, lay pieces over a plate lined with parchment paper. Put in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Put 1 cup of black sesame seeds in a pan, bring to medium heat, and toast them until they start to pop.
- In a pot, combine 1 cup of water with the black sesame seeds. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain liquid from sesame seeds using a cheese cloth or with a mesh strainer, squeezing out as much liquid as you can. Reserve sesame seeds for later use.
- Return liquid to pot, add 1/2 cup of sugar and bring to medium heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Purée the frozen mango using an immersion blender, separate in 2 bowls, and serve with 2 tablespoons of black sesame syrup and some black sesame seeds reserved from before.