This Mango Coconut Quinoa is a healthy and wholesome meal for lunch or dinner. It’s made by sautéing spinach with a bit of coconut oil. Then adding cooked quinoa and mango chunks, and finally pouring in some coconut milk and a splash of lemon juice. The ingredients are simple; the preparation is easy -- perfect for lazy summer days!
Mango Coconut Quinoa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 handful spinach, chopped (about 1 cup tightly packed. You can also use kale)
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup mango, cubed
- cayenne pepper, to sprinkle
- sea salt, to sprinkle
- In a skillet add coconut oil and chopped spinach (or kale). Sauté spinach on medium-high heat until wilted and bright green (approx. 3 minutes).
- Whisk coconut milk, water and lemon together. Add cooked quinoa and mango to skillet and pour in coconut mixture. Stir until warm and combined. Transfer to plate and sprinkle with cayenne pepper to taste, and a bit of sea salt.