Not only do these sweet potato skins taste incredible, they provide a tasty way to cut down on your food waste. They are stuffed with spicy beans, guacamole, and sour "cream". These fully loaded potato skins are perfect for a party or as a starter at dinner.
Loaded Mexican Sweet Potato Skins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 small sweet potatoes, baked, with most of their flesh scooped out (use the flesh for sweet potato mash or sweet potato soup)
- 1 14-ounce can mixed beans, drained
- 1 7-ounce can tomato purée, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 red chili, de-seeded, finely chopped, and fresh
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil (you can use regular oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 390°F.
- Combine the beans, tomato purée, spices, and chili in a bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins.
- Season them well with salt and pepper and then drizzle them with garlic oil.
- Cook them for 20 minutes or until they are completely heated through.
- Serve them with guacamole, vegan sour cream, and fresh coriander.