These lentil tacos are so easy to make ahead of time and so they are great for meal prep. Plus, because they are packed full of lentils they are so filling and delicious!
Lentil Tacos [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Lentil Tacos [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle peppers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried lentils, soaked overnight
- half onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (this is hit or miss, depending if in season)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to Prepare Lentil Tacos [Vegan]
- To make the taco seasoning, just add all the ingredients in a jar and shake. Will keep for about a month, though truth be told, longer.
- When ready to prepare meal, discard the water the lentils were soaked in and rinse.
- In a big pan or pot, heat up some olive oil. When sufficiently warmed, add in the onions and garlic. allow the onions to get translucent. Add in the carrots and red bell peppers and stir to evenly mix and coat. Last add in the lentils and again, mix it around to coat everything in oil.
- Per your taste buds and preference, add in the taco seasoning. Mix through. Add in enough water to just barely cover the lentils.
- Keep heat at medium low and allow to gently simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally. Check on the softness of the lentils, if it’s still got bite, add more water and cook for longer.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.