This dish is the real deal. These lentil falafels are completely plant-based, gluten-free, and are high in protein. Get started and bite down in these nutritious and delicious lentil falafels.
Lentil Falafel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup dry lentils
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 large bunch of fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the lentils for about 20 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the onion and garlic and put them in the pan with a little olive oil and salt until it is a little golden and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- When the lentils are done, drain them and put them in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and process until you get a well-mixed dough.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper, make balls with your hands and put them on the tray.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until they are crispy on the outside.