These wraps make the perfect light lunch and will last you throughout the week. The lentil balls are elegantly spiced, tender on the inside, and crispy on the outside and the peanuts sauce gives them just the right amount of kick.
Lentil Ball Wraps With Spicy Peanut Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Lentil Balls:
- 2 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- A pinch of salt
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the Wraps:
- Swiss chard or rainbow chard
- Preheat oven to 325°F and prepare oven tray with baking paper. Using a food processor or blender, combined all lentil ball ingredients and the blend ingredients until combined.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon size of the mixture, roll this into a ball and place it on baking paper.
- Continue this processes for the remaining mixture.
- Place the lentil balls in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- While the lentil balls are baking, make the peanut sauce by mixing all ingredients together until they're thick and creamy.
- Prepare your wraps by washing and then laying the leaves down flat and add lentil balls, avocado, sauerkraut, sprout, some spicy peanut sauce, and a squeeze of lime.