These rich, creamy popsicles may look like your standard frozen treat – but they are anything but ordinary. The rich 'cream' made from cashews and almond milk is packed with the superfood lucuma as well as a touch of agave for a bit of sweetness and a wave of lemon to round out the flavor profile; then it's frozen on a stick for your enjoyment.
Lemony Lucuma Tea Pops [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4.4 ounces unroasted, unsalted cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 juice of a fresh lemon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the cashews and rinse them well.
- Add them to a blender with the remaining ingredients and blend on high until as smooth as possible.
- Add water if necessary – you want the mixture to remain thick.
- Spoon mixture into popsicle molds.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each mold and place them in the freezer until they set; at least 4 hours.
- To remove popsicles, run the mold under hot water until you can easily pull a fudgesicle out.