This lemongrass tofu burger is a perfect example of the deliciousness that happens when two cuisines are fused together! This burger looks pretty classic, but it actually has Eastern Asian influences with lemongrass infused into the patty, wasabi mayo on the buns, and plenty of bamboo shoots. Yum!
Lemongrass Tofu Burgers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Lemongrass Tofu Burgers [Vegan]
For the Lemongrass Tofu:
- 7 ounces of firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced or grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
For the Wasabi Mayo:
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder or paste
- 2 sesame burger buns
- Lots of pea shoots or alfalfa sprouts
How to Prepare Lemongrass Tofu Burgers [Vegan]
- Drain the tofu and press between a few pieces of paper towel.
- Whisk together the lemongrass, ginger, oil, maple syrup, vinegar, pepper, and soy sauce.
- Slice the tofu and place in the marinade. Let it soak up the marinade for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the mayonnaise ingredients. Add the wasabi as you go to adjust the flavor to your preference.
- Heat up a skillet on medium-high heat. Add a bit of olive oil to the pan and place the tofu slices onto it. Leave little bits of ginger and lemongrass behind. When all the tofu is out of the marinade, pour it through a little sieve or strainer. Discard the chunks and keep the pure marinade to gradually pour over the tofu on the pan.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Toast two burger buns, smear a generous amount of wasabi mayonnaise on both sides, place a few slices on tofu and lots of pea shoots, and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.