Whats fab about this banana bread, is everything! It’s a staple recipe, quick, easy, packs flavor, packs moisture, has minimal ingredients, minimal added sugar, buttery soft, perfect for vegan and non vegans, and the flavor will leave you craving this flavor combo!!
Lemon Rosemary Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups flour plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary, additional for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease well the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, almond milk (room temp) sugar, vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and melted coconut oil. If the oil begins to solidify due to the almond milk not being cold enough simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry, and add the chopped rosemary. Combine just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Top with additional rosemary if desired. Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.