These 20 minute Baked Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts are soft, fluffy, and bursting with fresh lemon flavor and poppy seeds! These donuts are the perfect summer treat and an incredibly delicious breakfast.
Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Donuts:
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax powder and 2 1/2 tablespoons water)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, warm
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease donut pan and set aside.
- Whisk almond flour, tapioca starch, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds together in a medium bowl. Whisk the melted coconut oil, egg, honey, almond milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest until completely combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan filling 2/3 – 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 9 -11 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool for two minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Bake the remaining donut batter, then transfer to the cooling rack. Allow donuts to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk all of the glaze ingredients together. If glaze is too thick, add 1 teaspoon warm water at a time until desired consistency. Dip each donut into the glaze and place back on the cooling rack for the glaze to set.
- Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an air tight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 2 days.