I love to eat the granola by itself as a snack or for breakfast with almond milk or coconut yogurt. It also makes for a great smoothie bowl topping! Since lemon is even better when coconut is involved, I added some crunchy coconut chips to the recipe.
Lemon Coconut Granola With Cashews [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut chips
- A few drops lemon oil
- Heat the coconut milk and coconut sugar in a pot and let it dissolve while constantly stirring. Take off the heat when completely liquid and combined.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a big bowl and add the coconut-mixture.
- Combine well and spread onto the baking tray TIP: You may have to bake two batches separately, so everything gets’s crispy evenly!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven) or until golden and crunchy.
- Let cool completely.