These little guys are tender, pillowy and not too sweet. They also have a good dose of extra nutrients from the chia seeds. Go ahead and indulge in this little sweet/sour dessert!
Lemon Chia Poppyseed Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- zest of one organic lemon
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 1 flax egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cashew butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix the flax with the water and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix all wet ingredients together, including the flax egg.
- Add wet to dry and mix well to combine. I used my hands to mush it all together. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
- Roll dough into golf-ball sized portions and place on lined cookie sheet. Press each one down until they’re about ½” tall.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are just barely golden.
- Let cool completely before serving.