This moist and rich bundt cake has a delicate lemon flavor with a tangy lemon glaze. If you don't have all that much time, this cake is still delicious with a generous amount of powdered sugar sprinkled on top. Serve cooled or warm for melt-y icing. Yum!
Lemon Bundt Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup non-dairy yogurt, unsweetened
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Stir until combined and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together the vegan butter and sugar until well combined. Stir in non-dairy milk, extracts, and non-dairy yogurt.
- Add the liquid mixture to flour mixture. Thoroughly combine.
- Pour batter into greased bundt pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 20 minutes. Remove cake from bundt pan and let it cool completely.
- Once cake is completely cooled, prepare the glaze. Stir lemon juice into powdered sugar. Once it forms a pour-able glaze, pour over the middle of the cake. The glaze should run down each side of the cake. Slice and serve.