This is one of those recipes that is so simple you'll be surprised you didn't think of it yourself. Chickpeas and avocados are mashed together and seasoned with salt, pepper, and a generous amount of lemon. This zesty, creamy, and hearty combo is the perfect toast topper, dip for veggies, or spread for sandwiches.
Lemon Avocado Chickpea Mash [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the chickpeas until almost all the beans have been mashed, leaving a few whole for texture.
- Add in the avocado, lemon juice, green onion, and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Mash until everything is combined.
- Taste and add more lemon juice, salt, and pepper as needed.