Dirty fries with style: mushrooms, white wine, and cashew cream give this cheesy appetizer a sense of sophistication.
Lemon and Thyme Mushroom Dirty Fries [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Prepare the fries.
- Heat up some oil in a skillet on a medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Slice the onion and mushrooms. Add to the garlic and season with the sea salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are slightly browned.
- Add cream, white wine, and thyme. Cook until thickened slightly.
- Spread fries in an oven safe skillet and place the mushrooms mix on top. Sprinkle with shredded vegan cheese and place under the grill for about 5 minutes. Keep and eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and serve warm.