This dish is all about a show-stopping presentation! Impress your loved ones with this gourmet leek and broccoli flan that tastes as good as it looks!
Leek and Broccoli Flan [Vegan]
- 1 medium leek
- 3 1/2-ounces broccoli
- 1 boiled potato
- 3/4-ounces chickpea flour
- 1 handful shelled almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated wholemeal bread
- 1/2 tablespoon minced flaxseed
- 1/2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Spoonful of melted cocoa butter (or olive oil)
- Water: as needed
- Salt: to taste
- Pepper: to taste
- Prepare a batter with chickpea flour, water, salt, pepper and a little extra virgin olive oil (it should not be too thick). Leave it to rest for a few hours.
- Blanch the broccoli florets in lightly salted water for two / three minutes (they must be soft but not mushy).
- Slice the leek and sauté in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and a little salt until it is soft but not mushy.
- Crush the boiled potato with a fork.
- Drain the broccoli florets, mash them with a fork and add to the sautéed leeks and the potato, add the chickpea batter and mix well.
- Switch the almonds to the mixer but don't overmix.
- Add the bread, a dash of olive oil or a spoon of melted cocoa butter at room temperature. Add the seeds and form large crumbs with the tips of your fingers.
- Grease two round individual baking dishes, oil them and fill them with the vegetable mixture. Spread over the crumbs and bake for about 23 minutes at 355°F until golden brown on the surface.
- Remove from the oven-proof dish and decorate with the blanched leek leaves as shown in the photo. tying them around the flan and fixing the leaves with strips made from them.
For a faster version, you can use a small baking dish for two people and serve in slices, like a lasagna. If you do not have cocoa butter, olive oil.