These kimchi quesadillas are a real game-changer. They're made with a thick, umami-rich black bean spread, crunchy fresh greens, spicy and tangy kimchi, and a perfectly crispy tortilla. Get your taste buds ready 'cause these are packed with flavor!
Kimchi Quesadillas [Vegan]
For the Black Bean Spread:
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- A pinch of salt
For the Kimchi Quesadillas:
- Your favorite kimchi
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Tortillas of your choice
To Make the Black Bean Spread:
- Pour can of black beans into a small saucepan, liquid and all, and mix with chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Let beans cook, covered, on medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes, remove beans from heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour beans into a food processor or blender, and blend until a fairly smooth consistency is formed.
To Make the Kimchi Quesadillas:
- To make the quesadillas, spread as much black bean spread onto half of the tortilla as desired. Then, layer some fresh arugula. On top of that, layer as much kimchi as you'd like.
- Bring a little olive oil in a sauté pan to medium heat on the stove. When your quesadillas are assembled, fold in half and cook on each side for about 3 minutes, or until just a bit brown.
- Beans - Black