This salad wrap is everything you want a wrap to be: nutritious, super simple, and versatile. This wrap starts off with a kale and red cabbage layer. With a strong and complementary pairing like that, not a whole lot more is needed to arrive at a great salad. Pickles, parsley, and a vegan mayo-based dressing is added to brighten it all up, and green lentils to up the protein game. Dig in!
Kale, Red Cabbage, and Lentil Salad Wrap [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Salad:
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 4 leaves of kale, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 1/4 cup cornichon pickles, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon each black pepper, thyme, smoked paprika, and garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Wraps of your choice
- Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a separate container.
- Combine the salad and the dressing.
- Wrap everything up in a tortilla.