This flavorful soup is a satisfying blend of lentils, squash, and warming spices, a great hearty dish for cooler weather!
Kabocha Squash and Red Lentil Soup [Vegan]
- 1 small kabocha squash, seeded & cubed
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup split red lentils
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 6-8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- Combine all ingredients, except the miso paste, in a slow cooker. Depending on the setting of your slow cooker, cook for 1-3 hours until tender and well-cooked. Continue adding water as needed for a soupy consistency.
- When finished, stir in the miso paste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve with chopped cilantro, sprouts, or greens of your choice on top.