This dish is like a vacation in a wrap. Spicy jerked tempeh is wrapped up in crisp lettuce and paired with a tangy mango basil aioli. The wraps by themselves pack some heat but the dressing cools things off and adds a sweet refreshing flavor.
Jerk Tempeh Wraps With Mango Basil Aioli [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Jerk Tempeh Wraps With Mango Basil Aioli [Vegan]
- 1 8-ounce package of tempeh
- 1/2 of 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 of 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 bunch butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/3 cup torn basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A dash of pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
For the Mango Basil Aioli:
For the Jerk Seasoning:
How to Prepare Jerk Tempeh Wraps With Mango Basil Aioli [Vegan]
To Make the Jerk Seasoning:
- Combine everything into a small bowl and mix.
To Make the Tempeh:
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble the tempeh into small pieces. Add in the jerk seasoning and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet with olive oil and once hot, add in the diced onion and pepper. Let cook for about 2-3 minutes then add in the tempeh. Let the tempeh cook for about 3-4 then stir. Tempeh is done when fully heated through.
To Make the Mango Basil Aioli:
- In a small food processor, add in the mango and basil and process until finely chopped. Add in the mayonnaise and vinegar and pulse until fully combined into a sauce. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.