These little wraps are so easy to make and so pretty when assembled, they would be awesome as a party appetizer or festive lunch. Spicy jerk tempeh wrapped is paired with a sweet mango basil aioli and all wrapped up in crisp lettuce. The wraps by themselves pack some heat but the dressing cools things off and adds such a sweet refreshing flavor — it's like a vacation in a wrap.
Jerk Tempeh Lettuce Wraps With Mango Basil Aioli [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Jerk Tempeh Lettuce Wraps With Mango Basil Aioli [Vegan]
For the Tempeh Wraps:
- 1 8-ounce package tempeh
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning
- 1 bunch butter lettuce
For the Mango Basil Aioli:
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/3 cup torn basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Jerk Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A dash of pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
How to Prepare Jerk Tempeh Lettuce Wraps With Mango Basil Aioli [Vegan]
To Make the Jerk Seasoning:
- Combine everything into a small bowl and mix.
To Make the Tempeh:
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble the tempeh into small pieces. Add in the jerk seasoning and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet with olive oil and once hot add in the diced onion and pepper. Let cook for about 2-3 minutes then add in the tempeh. Let the tempeh cook for about 3-4 then stir. Tempeh is done when fully heated through.
To Make the Mango Basil Aioli:
- In a small food processor, add in the mango and basil and process until finely chopped. Add the mayo and vinegar and pulse until fully combined into a sauce. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide the tempeh mixture among the lettuce wraps, top with mango basil aioli, and serve with extra sauce on the side.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.