You could totally buy pre-made jerk seasoning at the store. BUT – making your own seasoning for this is something else: Slow building heat, layers on layers on layers of flavor, and the slightest hint of sweetness from a dash of sugar (which also helps the cauliflower crisp up!). Make a big batch of this jerk cauliflower and the possibilities are endless. Pack it into rice bowls. Toss it into a salad with your favorite veggies. Wrap it in a tortilla with all of the fixings for a lunch burrito or an awesome taco.
Jerk Cauliflower Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cauliflower:
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the Jerk Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
For the Tacos:
- Tortillas or hard taco shells, gluten-free if needed
- Red onion
- Diced mango
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine jerk seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and stir until mixed well.
- Add cauliflower to a large bowl. Pour in oil and add seasoning blend. Mix until well-coated.
- Or combine seasoning ingredients in a gallon sealable plastic bag. Shake to mix. Add cauliflower and oil and shake to coat well.
- Spread cauliflower onto the baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
To Make the Tacos:
- Heat tortillas or taco shells.
- Fill with jerk cauliflower.
- Top with all of your favorite taco toppings. And most definitely a squeeze of fresh lime.