You could totally buy pre-made jerk seasoning at the store. BUT – making your own seasoning for this is something else: Slow building heat, layers on layers on layers of flavor, and the slightest hint of sweetness from a dash of sugar (which also helps the cauliflower crisp up!). Make a big batch of this jerk cauliflower and the possibilities are endless. Pack it into rice bowls. Toss it into a salad with your favorite veggies. Wrap it in a tortilla with all of the fixings for a lunch burrito or an awesome taco.
Jerk Cauliflower Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Jerk Cauliflower Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cauliflower:
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the Jerk Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
For the Tacos:
- Tortillas or hard taco shells, gluten-free if needed
- Red onion
- Diced mango
How to Prepare Jerk Cauliflower Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine jerk seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and stir until mixed well.
- Add cauliflower to a large bowl. Pour in oil and add seasoning blend. Mix until well-coated.
- Or combine seasoning ingredients in a gallon sealable plastic bag. Shake to mix. Add cauliflower and oil and shake to coat well.
- Spread cauliflower onto the baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- Heat tortillas or taco shells.
- Fill with jerk cauliflower.
- Top with all of your favorite taco toppings. And most definitely a squeeze of fresh lime.
To Make the Tacos:
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.