The flavor of the black bean is so simple yet so delicious! Paired with this Mexican coleslaw, you really have a winner. Spicy, smokey, citrus, tons of texture, and ultimately healthy for you!
Jalapeno Black Bean Patties with Mexican Coleslaw [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Jalapeno Black Bean Patties with Mexican Coleslaw [Vegan]
For the Patties:
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 jalapeno, de-seeded, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup oats – pulsed into flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each of cumin, coriander, and oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt (or to taste)
For the Slaw:
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 ears corn – charred on grill
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 2-3 tablespoons chipotle adobo sauce (from a can)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin and chili powder
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Jalapeno Black Bean Patties with Mexican Coleslaw [Vegan]
- Make the dressing: mix the mayo, chipotle adobo sauce, spices, lime, and salt and pepper in a bowl. You can add a tablespoon of water if you want to dilute. Mix well and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, red pepper, onion, corn, pumpkin seeds, and cilantro. Top with dressing and mix well! Adjust seasoning as needed.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.