Indian curry is delicious on its own, so you can only image how delectable it is on toasted Italian bread! In this recipe, mushrooms are tossed in a zesty tomato purée seasoned with jalapeño pepper, cumin, coriander, and garam masala, and then placed on crunchy Italian bread slices. Spicy and tangy, this finger food work wells as an appetizer or a simple snack when craving Indian cuisine.
Indian-Style Curry Mushroom Bruschetta [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Indian-Style Curry Mushroom Bruschetta [Vegan]
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili or jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 dried red chili
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Red chili powder, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garam masala
- Bread, toasted, for serving
How to Prepare Indian-Style Curry Mushroom Bruschetta [Vegan]
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet and add cumin seeds and dry red chili. Sauté over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until cumin begins to darken.
- Add ginger and sauté for another 30 seconds. Next add red onion and the dried fenugreek leaves and cook for 2 minutes or until red is tender.
- Add salt and green chili and sauté until onions starts to brown.
- Next add ground coriander, red chili powder, and minced garlic, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 7-8 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Stir in tomato, tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and garam masala. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoons cilantro. Serve heaped over toasted bread.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.