The crust in this recipe is made from pecans and raisins, topped with a banana ice cream and finished with a chocolate drizzle. The result? Comforting, ice cream-y perfection.
Raw Ice Cream Tarts With Chocolate Sauce and Pecans [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup raisins
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
For the Ice Cream:
- 2 cups frozen bananas (peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes)
To Make the Crust:
- Process the pecans in a food processor until they turn into tiny crumbs. Add the raisins and process until it all starts to stick together. Press into two lined tart tins and put in the fridge.
To Make the Chocolate Sauce:
- Stir the ingredients together until smooth. Add water if it's too thick.
To Make the Ice Cream:
- Blend the bananas in a high-speed blender until smooth and thick like soft serve ice cream. Scoop into your tart crusts. Drizzle on your sauce and eat 'em up.
Use any nut or seed instead of pecans. Use dates, figs or prunes instead of raisins. Use cocoa powder or carob powder instead of cacao powder. Use vanilla extract instead of vanilla powder, or omit the vanilla powder. Use coconut ice cream instead of banana ice cream.