This recipe will make roughly 4 to 5 cups of whipped cream so if you’re planning to make mousse topped with whipped cream, you need to multiply the ingredient amounts based on how much you are planning to serve.
Soy-Free Whipped Cream [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Soy-Free Whipped Cream [Vegan]
- ¼ cup raw turbinado sugar
- ¾ tsp. cornstarch
- 2-13.5 oz. cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbs. tapioca flour (or starch; it’s the same thing)
How to Prepare Soy-Free Whipped Cream [Vegan]
- The first thing you have to do is chill the coconut milk overnight. Put it in the coldest part of the fridge and don’t move it around. The coconut milk will solidify overnight. The next day, take it out of the fridge and don’t shake the can or turn it upside down. The liquid goes to the bottom of the can and we need to get rid of it. With the pointy part of a bottle opener, puncture the bottom of the cans (without turning it upside down) and let the liquid pour out. When it finishes draining, open the tops of the cans and you should see solid coconut cream. Using a spatula, transfer the coconut cream into a chilled metal bowl.
- The second thing you have to do is make your own vegan confectioner’s sugar. In a spice grinder, grind the raw sugar and the cornstarch until it is a fine powder. You should have about 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar now. Set it aside.
- Beat the coconut cream with a hand mixer, going from low to high speed, until it becomes thick and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and beat to mix it in. Add the confectioner’s sugar and beat that in. Use a spatula to scrape any sugar that clings to the sides of the bowl into the cream. Beat in the tapioca flour, one Tbs. at a time, until you have your desired consistency. Again, scrape any flour on the sides of the bowl into the cream. That’s it. You have whipped cream! Chill for an hour or two before serving. Don’t forget to lick the spatula and the beaters (after you remove them from the mixer, of course :)
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1,804 | Total Carbs: 160 g | Total Fat: 120 g | Total Protein: 10 g | Total Sodium: 300 mg | Total Sugar: 58 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.