Yum! Yum! Yum! We seriously cannot get enough of this dish! These days there is so much you can do with cauliflower. From cauli-rice to cauli-pizza bases, the possibilities are endless with this versatile cruciferous vegetable.
Hot ‘n’ Bubbly Cauliflower Cheese [Vegan]
- 1/2 head cauliflower, rinsed
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, soaked 3-8 hours or overnight
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 sprigs spring onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin cold-pressed
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube (good quality and sugar-free)
- Pinch of salt
- Clean and rinse your cauliflower and steam for 10 minutes. Place into a pie dish. My dish is 6.5 inches.
- In a small pot on a medium heat, sauté the onion, spring onion and garlic in the coconut oil until golden brown. Add a little water (3-5 tablespoons) as you add the stock cube, ensuring that it dissolves.
- Add the turmeric and salt, turn off the heat and allow to simmer.
- In a blender, add the cashew nuts, and when the onion mixture is cooled down a bit, add it to the nuts, leaving the liquid behind in the pot.
- Add the nutritional yeast and olive oil and blend, slowly adding the flavorful stock water from the pot until a smooth, creamy consistency is reached.
- Place the steamed cauliflower florets into the pie dish and pour over the cheesy sauce, ensuring all is covered.
- Grill for 5-8 minutes, or until golden brown.