This hot and sour soup is tangy, flavorful, and delicious. The soup uses several different types of mushrooms to give the broth an earthy depth of flavor and the bok choy provides a nice crunch to every bite. This is the perfect dish for a cold night.
Hot and Sour Mushroom Soup With Bok Choy [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 1/3 cups vegetable stock
- 12 Oyster mushrooms
- 12 Shiitake mushrooms
- 12 White Button mushrooms
- 3 bunches baby bok choy, sliced
- 4 stalks spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 thumb-sized pieces of ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 red chilis, sliced
- 2 tablespoons black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Sesame oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Clean and slice your mushrooms. Set them aside.
- In a pot, pour the broth and add the mushrooms.
- Bring them to a boil and then simmer them on a low heat for 8 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, ginger, and chilis and continue to simmer the soup for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat off then add the black vinegar, Sriracha, and sesame oil.
- Season the soup with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then serve it topped with the spring onions.