Make this savory, delicious, Asian-inspired bowl of carrot rice. This bowl is healthy, packed with immunity boosters like ginger and carrots.
Asian Ginger Tofu and Carrot Rice With Bok Choy [Vegan]
For the Carrot Rice:
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon peeled and minced ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, stiff bottom trimmed off
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the tofu:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Whisk the soy sauce, ginger, and agave together in a bowl until combined. Place the cubed tofu in the bowl with the dressing and set aside. Let stand for 5 minutes and then place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes, flip over, and bake another 10 minutes.
- After you flip the tofu over, place the carrot noodles in a food processor and pulse until rice-like. In a large skillet over medium heat, add in the coconut oil. Once oil heats, add in the garlic and ginger. Let cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant and then add in the carrot rice. Season with salt and pepper and cover and cook for 5 minutes or until carrot softens to a rice-like consistency.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a large grill pan over medium heat. Brush the bok choy with the sesame oil and place onto the heated grill pan. Cook for 2 minutes, flip over and cook another 2-3 minutes or until bok choy is heated and cooked through.
- Place the finished bok choy in a bowl and top with carrot rice, then tofu.
Total Calories: 544 | Total Carbs: 33 g | Total Fat: 34 g | Total Protein: 33 g | Total Sodium: 3087 g | Total Sugar: 24 g Per Serving: Calories: 277 | Carbs: 17 g | Fat: 17 g | Protein: 17 g | Sodium: 1544 mg | Sugar: 12 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
What appliance are you using to produce the carrot rice?