It’s that time of the year where you just want to sit by a fire, wrapped in a blanket and drink something that tastes like the holidays. Sure you can easily order the popular pumpkin spice latte from your local coffee shop but the trouble is this kind of beverage is loaded with refined sugars, caffeine, artificial flavorings and is very much depleted of vital nutrients. To avoid those empty calories, energy crash and unhealthy weight gain we want to introduce you to a totally delicious, dairy free, caffeine free and chemical free, whole food plant-based treat – The Holiday Pumpkin Milk.
Holiday Pumpkin Milk [Vegan]
- 3 cups sugar pumpkin peeled and chopped (refer to tips above)
- 1/2 inch of ginger - peeled
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 2 medjool dates pitted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Start by juicing the pumpkin pieces together with ginger. If this is your first time juicing pumpkin, you might want to reference the tips above.
- Once you have your pumpkin ginger juice ready pour it into a blender and add all remaining ingredients (almond milk, dates and spices).
- Blend on high for 2-3 minutes, until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, garnish with additional spices such as cinnamon, cloves, allspice and nutmeg and serve.
- Store in refrigerator in a sealed glass jar for up to 3 days.