Please meet the sushi burrito: Entirely customizable, your wildest sushi dreams realized in one perfectly photographable roll. For the health conscious, this is a wonderful fresh, feel good food that you can have 'on the go'. Make it with all the things you love and don't worry about fiddling with chop sticks (as here lies the true beauty of this new food trend) just wrap it in paper like a good old burrito and have a big bite!
High-Protein Sushi Burrito [Vegan]
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (or grain of your choice: brown/sushi rice, buckwheat, millet)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup pear (shredded)
- 1/2 cup beetroot (shredded)
- 1/2 cup carrot (shredded)
- nori sheets
- Soak quinoa overnight, wash, drain and cook in plenty of water.
- Lay nori sheets out on a flat surface, evenly spread quinoa and assemble with all ingredients.
- Roll over like traditional sushi and cut in half.
You tube has many wonderful videos on how to roll sushi if you don't know how to do it!