These allergy-friendly beauties are the perfect snack when you are on the go. They are gluten-free, soy-free and dairy-free and sunflower butter could be subbed to make them nut-free.
High-Protein Chocolate Chip Date Balls [Vegan, Allergy-Friendly]
- 1 cup of oats
- 8 dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup of buckwheat crispies (or crisped grain of choice)
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of protein powder plus 1 tablespoon of water (optional)
- Handful of vegan, dark chocolate chips
- Start by placing your oats in your food processor and breaking them down into a crumbly flour. Then add the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and process until the mixture sticks together. Then add your chocolate chips and pulse a few times. The mixture should be dough-like.
- Scoop the mixture with a spoon and form a ball with your hands and place on a parchment lined plate. Place in the freezer to firm up. They can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week, otherwise, freeze them.
*Buckwheat crispies can be made by soaking buckwheat groats for 4 hours, rinsing and draining and dehydrating for 4 hours (or baking in the oven for 15 minutes at 350).