This colorful, light, and flavorful quinoa tabbouleh takes less than half an hour to make, and is both vegan and gluten-free! Quinoa combines with cooling vegetables and herbs for a perfect summer treat. Plus, it's such a pretty shade of hot pink!
Herbed Beet Quinoa Tabbouleh [Vegan]
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 raw beet
- 1/4 of a large English cucumber
- 1-2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4-6 mint leaves, chopped
- 2-4 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of half a lemon
- Rinse quinoa and combine with water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with saran wrap and microwave on high for eight minutes. Remove wrap carefully, add a pinch of salt, and stir. Replace wrap and return to microwave for 3-4 minutes. Remove wrap and let sit for three minutes.
- In a bowl, half your beet and grate it into the bowl (I found grating finely to be easier). Grate the cucumber in the bowl and add the ginger and chopped herbs. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Add salt to taste and lemon juice. Chill in fridge until cool and serve.