What’s better than cookies that are crunchy around the edges, but soft and chewy inside? Especially when they are filled with melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate chips and loaded with nutritious ingredients. The key players here are almond flour and hemp hearts and they’re lightly sweetened with unrefined coconut sugar. These Hemp Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with 8 simple ingredients and take less than 30 minutes from start to finish! They’re also grain-free, vegan, paleo, and refined sugar-free, but ridiculously delicious and nourishing!
Hemp Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix in the wet ingredients and stir to form a dough. Roll into a ball and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or longer for best results.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and form the dough into cookie balls. Place them on a parchment paper-lined baking tray, leaving about 2 inches around each cookie.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. They might look undercooked when you take them out, but they continue to cook and get harder on the outside as they cool. Let them cool down for about 10 minutes and enjoy!