Hearty Plant-Based Pumpkin Chili [Vegan]
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes cubed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped vegetables of choice (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 15 ounce can 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cans beans, drained and rinsed
Combine all ingredients, except beans, in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
Add beans, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Any beans are great in this recipe. This recipe can be made in a crockpot. Simply add all ingredients to crockpot and cook for 4 hours on high heat or 8 hours on low. Easily turn this into a freezer meal by putting all prepared ingredients except broth/water in a freezer bag, remove excess air and freeze. When ready to cook, pour frozen ingredients into a large pot, add broth/water and cook for 30 minutes. It can also be frozen once cooked. Let cool, pour into a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months. Be sure to leave 2" of headspace. Simply thaw and reheat to serve.