This Healthy Vegan Nutella is a great sweet treat to have in the fridge for the occasional snack, for a sweet breakfast on toast, or even for a dessert. It is so deliciously smooth, creamy, and just sweet enough to make you want some more.
Healthy Vegan Nutella [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups raw unsalted hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 cups Semi-sweet dairy-free dark chocolate chips (I used 70%)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add hazelnuts to the baking sheet on a single layer and roast for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool then use your hands to roll the nuts around and remove most of the skins.
- Add hazelnuts to a high-speed blender and blend till smooth intermittently scraping down the sides.
- Heat the chocolate over a double boiler till melted, and, using a spatula, add to the hazelnut mixture with vanilla and sea salt.
- Once the hazelnut butter is creamy and smooth, add the vanilla and salt and blend well. Then add melted chocolate a little at a time and blend again until well incorporated.
- Transfer to a jar and store at room temperature and store for up to 2-3 weeks.