This quinoa soup is amazing. Filled with flavorful vegetables and great sources of protein like quinoa, this is an excellent soup for every day, and a great way to get a good dose of vitamins.
Healthy and Satisfying Quinoa Vegetable Soup With Microgreens [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons coconut or avocado oil
- 1 medium to large onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 to 2 cups chopped seasonal veggies like zucchini, bell pepper or cauliflower
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Garnish with micro greens
- In a large soup pot melt oil. Once hot add in the onion, celery and carrot. Cook for 3-5 minutes and season generously with pink salt. Then add in the garlic and thyme. Mix well and cook for another minute.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, quinoa, vegetable broth, water, bay leaves and crushed red pepper. Season with pink salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Bring to a bowl and then lower to a simmer, leave partially covered. Cook for about 25 minutes until quinoa is soft, then add in the beans and mix. Next add in the kale and lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasonings.