To fully transition to a whole food plant-based lifestyle is a journey and it’s okay to take some time to adjust to the new tastes and flavors. These Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a great bridge between the highly processed sweets and a treat that is totally clean and has a high nutritional value.
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil plus more for greasing pan
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup whole old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 bar of organic vegan dark chocolate (minimum 80 percent cacao), chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds optional
How To Make Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly brush with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, whole oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate, and mix well. Once the coconut oil is well combined, add the chocolate.
- Using clean hands, form 1-inch (25-mm) balls and place them on a baking sheet. Once you have finished using all the dough, use a fork and lightly press down on each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Do not over-bake these cookies, especially if you prefer a chewier texture. - To make the oat flour, use 1 cup whole rolled oats, certified gluten-free if necessary. Pulse oats in a food processor or blender until oats resemble fine flour.
- Almond Butter
- Chocolate Cookie
- Oat Flour
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile