These mint chocolate chip ice cream bites are so cute and easy to make. They also have a secret: they're healthy! Made from frozen banana puréed with spinach and fresh mint, you would never guess that you're getting your greens while snacking on ice cream. They would be a perfect way to get your kids, or yourself, to eat more greens because you can’t even taste the spinach in them.
Healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Banana Ice Cream Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 very ripe bananas, frozen
- A large handful of spinach
- A small handful of mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- Place the frozen bananas, spinach, mint leaves, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a muffin tin with silicone baking cups and scoop the ice cream into each cup. Place the muffin pan in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove the pan from the freezer. The ice cream bites should come out of the muffin tin easily when using the silicone baking cups. Stack the ice cream bites in a freezer safe container. the silicone baking cups should also keep them from sticking to each other.
- When ready to eat, remove the ice cream bites from the freezer and take off the silicone baking cups and enjoy.