This healthy green couscous has extra flavor from vegetable stock, a boost of protein from pine nuts, spinach for all of its awesome nutrients, and olive oil for healthy fats! Delicious and nutritious.
Healthy Green Couscous [Vegan]
- 2-1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- In a deep skillet, sauté spinach in olive oil until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a blender, purée spinach with vegetable stock. Pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add couscous to stock, stir, cover, and reduce heat to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and set at least 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and add pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.