Ever wake up craving something sweet but also healthy? We got you! The basic pancake recipe (just leave out the cacao) on its own is already awesome, but if you want to step up the game: make an ombré-stack! Want even more deliciousness? Make an orange-choc-sauce to go with it!
Healthy Chocolate Ombré Pancakes [Vegan]
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 2 cups plant milk
- Some cacao powder
Chocolate Orange Sauce
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons plant milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Blend everything except the cacao powder in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Let the batter sit on the counter for 5 minutes, so it can thicken.
- Heat a non-stick pan (or use some coconut oil for frying if your pan is not non-stick) and start frying one pancake at a time, flip when you see bubbles forming.
- With each pancake, add a little cacao powder to the batter to make it darker.
- Continue until the batter is gone and stack the pancakes up from dark to light.
- For the chocolate sauce, just mix the ingredients together in a small bowl and pour over your pancake stack.
- Add more toppings if you like! Some options are bananas, kiwi stars (cut out with a regular cookie cutter) and popped quinoa.
- Raw Cacao