These Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies are crunchy on the outside, but soft on the inside. They are a perfectly snackable size and great for taking on-the-go (but you might not be able to make it that far before eating them.)The best part is how healthy and highly nutritious these chocolate chip cookies are. Oh and they are incredibly easy to make!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 2 cups almond meal grind blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup arrow root powder
- 2/3 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil melted in double boiler above the steam
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except chocolate chips.
- Blend thoroughly, add the chocolate chips, and stir well again.
- Cover the bowl with lid or plastic wrap and place into a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Begin scooping the mixture from the bowl while scrape the leftover with butter knife, so the bottom of each cookie is nice and flat.
- Arrange evenly on the baking sheet while leaving couple inches in between.
- You can add a couple of extra chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 20 minutes and 5 minutes broil to get the top nice golden color.
- When ready, cool down for 15 minutes on cooling rack.